Award-winning graphic artist with over twelve years professional design experience in web and print design. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven marketing environment creating compelling, aesthetically sound, usable designs for national companies, small businesses, and charitable organizations. Proactive and able to communicate creative solutions effectively in visual and written form. Strive for excellence in presentation and execution of creative solutions. Advanced skills with responsive design, usability, WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Adoble Photoshop 95%
- Adobe Illustrator 85%
- Adobe InDesign 80%
- Responsive Website Design 90%
- Wordpress CMS 90%
- Usability 85%
March 2010 – present
Work with the Director of Web Development and Director of Web Services to assist in the maintenance and development of the Marywood University website. Give support to content providers. Create, manage, maintain HTML files, structures, templates and user accounts in the CMS. Develop graphic content. Help to ensure that the University’s Website and technical resources are secure, clear, consistent, up-to-date, user-centered. Help to coordinate the implementation and technical feasibility of all new and emerging media related to the University’s web presence.
Responsible for the conceptualization, design, and implementation www.marywood.edu responsive redesign, done 100% in-house by our Web Development team (1 designer, 1 developer, and director).
Campus Map & Virtual Tour
In-house development of a campus map and virtual tour for the Admissions department saved the University $10,000 and over $500/month in hosting fees.
The Marywood website is maintained by over 170 website content editors. I am responsible for the creation or most-recent editing of approximately 48% of the 4,565 HTML pages, 16% of the 59,677 contentlets, 30% of the 11,325 web contentlets, and 36% of the 34,831 files.
Sync Contact Information
Simplified department information into one database structure which holds phone and fax numbers, office locations, e-mail addresses and social media links. I permissioned structure to appropriate department personnel for ease of maintenance. The database now syncs across the website wherever possible, making contact information instantly updated and much more accurate.
Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of 3rd party affiliated websites with Marywood, to include ASEC-SLDI, Marywood Seminary, Scranton Area Augmentative Alternative Communication Center, Friends of the Poor, The Maslow Collection, and more.
National Media Attention
Received local and national media attention for the implementation of an April Fool’s Day homepage at Marywood University. Dubbed “Project 41“, the April Fools’ prank was the cause unprecedented, record-hitting website visits.
June 2008 – present
Senior graphic artist, project manager, salesperson, supervisor and director of creative and programming teams.
- Website design work featured on DesignMeltdown.com, The Daily Slurp, Light on Dark, Most Inspired, iStockPhoto, and Screenalicious.com
- Designed business cards concepts for Herr’s Foods Inc. “Live Life with Flavor” campaign
January 2011 – present
Creator, Blogger, and Graphic Designer of PrettyPurpleDoor.com, a blog featuring DIY Home Renovation Projects and How-To Tutorials for Home Owners
- Featured Blogger on HomeTalk, the world’s leading DIY home & garden community with an engaged community of millions of users.
- Over 52,000 total shares of my blog content
- 80,000+ views, 2,000+ pins on Pinterest, and 50+ comments on a single post
- Featured on Apartment Therapy, a popular lifestyle and interior design community
- 2014: Blog reached record high 18,000 views in one month
- Featured in Amazing Interior Design Home Design Magazine: DIY Penny Back Splash
- Featured on DIY Cozy Home: Penny Back Splash
- 2011: How to Make a Penny Floor post goes viral resulting in over 22,000 views and over 2,000 social media shares.
Art Director, Market Share Development
Nov. 2007 – Feb. 2010
Worked in collaboration with other creative staff members, senior partners and clients to create and execute outstanding print and web design pieces that produce memorable advertising with effective results.
- Designed and maintained marketing campaign for the Greater Hazleton Health Alliance (all doctors and facilities) and Hazleton General Hospital
May 2007 – Aug. 2007
Worked closely with clients, designers, programmers, and project managers to develop strategies and techniques to improve our client’s business models. Managed a team of six (6) graphic designers in a fast-paced deadline-driven e-commerce environment. Presented online and in-person educational seminars for store owners on the importance of design in selling online. Restructured workflow of the Store Development Department. Participated in the maturity of the design team’s creative concepts.
May 2004 – May 2007
Created website design mockups for e-commerce clients on the Yahoo! Store platform. Designed logos, animated banners & advertisements, and internal marketing web/print pieces. Served as photographer for company events, magazine articles, and employee profiles.
- Worked collaboratively on website design for the St. Louis Rams, Adidas Golf, The Lance Armstrong Foundation, Athletes For Hope,The Muhammad Ali Center, and over 25 companies in the Internet Retailer Top 500
Graphic Artist, Rome Technology
Plymouth Meeting, PA
2003 – 2011
Graphic Artist, NetInception
Marywood University received a Silver ADDY for its mobile website, a version of the University’s main website that is accessed by users’ smart phones. The mobile website, created and built by Marywood staff members, launched at the beginning of the fall semester. (March 2012)
Work Featured in The Web Designer’s Idea Book (Vol. 1). The Web Designer’s Idea Book includes websites arranged thematically by color, design style, type, theme, element and structure.
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication & Media Technology
– GPA 3.87 King’s College, 2005
– Recipient of The Father Murgas Memorial Award for Communications Wilkes-Barre PA
HighEdweb is an organization of professionals working to advance the web at institutions of higher education. We design, develop, manage and map the futures of higher education digital communications and services.