Award-winning graphic artist with over twelve years professional design experience in web and print design. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven marketing environment creating compelling, aesthetically sound, usable designs for national companies, small businesses, and charitable organizations. Proactive and able to communicate creative solutions effectively in visual and written form. Strive for excellence in presentation and execution of creative solutions. Advanced skills with responsive design, usability, Content Management Systems (dotCMS, WordPress), Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, Internet Marketing and Social Media Management.
- Adoble Photoshop 95%
- Adobe Illustrator 85%
- Adobe InDesign 80%
- Responsive Website Design 90%
- Wordpress CMS 90%
- Usability 85%
Web Design Specialist, Marywood University
March 2010 – present
Work with the Director of Web Development and Director of Web Services to assisting the maintenance and development of the Marywood University website. Give support to content providers. Create, manage, maintain HTML files, structures, templates and user accounts in the CMS. Develop graphic content. Help to ensure that the University’s Website and technical resources are secure, clear, consistent, up-to-date, user- centered. Help to coordinate the implementation and technical feasibility of all new and emerging media related to the University’s web presence.
Mentored Graduate Assistant to increase Humans of Marywood Facebook Page (HOMU) post reach, page likes, and craft significant and interesting posts that get engagement from her audience. With my help, she has produced record numbers on HOMU. In one single week: post reach 12,000+, post engagement 6,000+, 100+ page likes (12% increase).
The Marywood website is maintained by over 170 website content editors. I am responsible for the creation or most-recent editing of approximately 48% of the 4,565 HTML pages, 16% of the 59,677 contentlets, 30% of the 11,325 web contentlets, and 36% of the 34,831 files.
Sync Contact Information
Simplified department information into one database structure which holds phone and fax numbers, office locations, e-mail addresses and social media links. Entries within database are updated by appropriate department personnel for ease of maintenance. The database syncs across the website wherever possible, making contact information more consistent, more accurate, and easier to maintain.
Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of 3rd party affiliated websites with Marywood, to include ASEC-SLDI, Marywood Seminary, Scranton Area Augmentative Alternative Communication Center, Friends of the Poor, The Maslow Collection, and more.
Mobile Design Award
Received a Silver ADDY for mobile website, a version of the University’s main website that is accessed by users’ smart phones. The mobile website was created and built by Marywood staff members, including myself, on the JQuery Mobile platform.
National Media Attention
Received local and national media attention for the implementation of an April Fool’s Day homepage at Marywood University. Dubbed “Project 41“, the April Fools’ prank was the cause unprecedented, record-hitting website visits.
Owner, Bullzeye Design
June 2008 – present
Senior graphic artist, project manager, salesperson, supervisor and director of creative and programming teams.
- Website design work featured on DesignMeltdown.com, The Daily Slurp, Light on Dark, Most Inspired, iStockPhoto, and Screenalicious.com
- Work Published in The Web Designer’s Idea Book (Vol. 1):The Web Designer’s Idea Book includes websites arranged thematically by color, design style, type, theme, element and structure.
- Designed business cards concepts for Herr’s Foods Inc. “Live Life with Flavor” campaign
Blogger, Pretty Purple Door
Jan 2011 – Present
Creator, Blogger, and Graphic Designer of PrettyPurpleDoor.com, a blog featuring DIY Home Renovation Projects and How-To Tutorials for Home Owners
- Featured Blogger on HomeTalk, the world’s leading DIY home & garden community with an engaged community of millions of users.
- Over 6,000 total shares of my blog content
- 95,000+ views, 2,700+ pins on Pinterest, and 50+ comments on a single post
- Featured on Apartment Therapy, a popular lifestyle and interior design community
- Interviewed as the Featured Home Renovation Blogger on Floor Coverings International
- 2014: Blog reached record high 18,000 views in one month
- Featured in Amazing Interior Design Home Design Magazine: DIY Penny Back Splash
- Featured on DIY Cozy Home: Penny Back Splash
- 2011: How to Make a Penny Floor post goes viral resulting in over 22,000 views and over 2,000 social media shares.
Art Director, Market Share Development
Nov. 2007 – Feb. 2010
Worked in collaboration with other creative staff members, senior partners and clients to create and execute outstanding print and web design pieces that produce memorable advertising with effective results.
- Designed and maintained marketing campaign for the Greater Hazleton Health Alliance (all doctors and facilities) and Hazleton General Hospital
- Participated in on-site photo and video shoots
Solid Cactus, Inc.
May 2007 – Aug. 2007
Interim Art Director
Worked closely with clients, designers, programmers, and project managers to develop strategies and techniques to improve our client’s business models. Managed a team of six(6) graphic designers in a fast- paced deadline-driven e-commerce environment. Presented online and in-person educational seminars for store owners on the importance of design in selling online. Restructured workflow of the Store Development Department. Participated in the maturity of the design team’s creative concepts.
Created website design mockups for e-commerce clients on the Yahoo! Store platform. Worked collaboratively on website design for the St. Louis Rams, Lance Armstrong Foundation, Athletes For Hope, The Muhammad Ali Center, and over 25 companies on the 2007 Internet Retailer Top 500. Designed logos, animated banners & advertisements, and internal marketing web/print pieces. Served as photographer for company events, magazine articles, and employee profiles.
- Worked collaboratively on website design for the St. Louis Rams, Adidas Golf, The Lance Armstrong Foundation, Athletes For Hope,The Muhammad Ali Center, and over 25 companies in the Internet Retailer Top 500
- 13th Annual Communicator Awards Print Competition – Award of Excellence recipient for t-shirt design
B.A. Mass Communication & Media Technology
King’s College Wilkes-Barre PA
GPA 3.87, Father Murgas Memorial Award for Communications Recipient
Recently Completed Online Courses
- SEO That Matters: Tactics and Strategies for Entrepreneurs
- Storytelling for Leaders: How to Craft Stories That Matter
- Advanced Social Media Marketing for Picking Up Clients
- Content Marketing: Create a One-Minute Video
- How to Rock Twitter
- 30 Day Blog Transformation Challenge
- Learn Adwords in 60 Minutes
- Beginner Local SEO | The Foundations of What Google Wants
Memberships & Volunteering
- Member, Higher Education Web Professionals, highedweb.org
- Member, Freelancers Union, freelancersunion.org
- Volunteer, One Life to Live Pet Rescue & Adoption, onelifetoliverescue.com